From Drab to Fab in One Simple Step

This image has absolutely nothing to do with this post,
I just thought it looked quite yummy! :-)


I must admit there have been plenty of days that just going outside was a feat in and of itself. Taking the time to do my hair and makeup to the gawds was just not happening. My naturally curly hair is beautiful but a challenge at times and rumbling through my unorganized makeup collection was tiring before I even tried. So out the door in my favorite leggings and any top I went feeling totally unfab!

Well, all that has changed.

No, I don't have a hour to spend beating my face and hair into submission worthy of the cover of Vogue magazine but I realized the little things that I can do that make me feel wonderful that are quick and easy. That feeling of "oh my God, what if I run into someone I know" doesn't phase me because I know I'm looking darn pretty cute.  And I know this resonates with a lot of you because sometimes life takes everything out of you leaving you with no time left for yourself. Now, I can't give you another 4 hours in your day but here is one simple tips to help you look and feel fabulous.

Give 'Em Face Honey!

While I lack the time and know-how to perfectly contour my nose, I realized I didn't need that anyway. What makes me feel pretty is just mascara, some poppin' gloss or lipstick and earrings. If I'm on the go and need to rush to drop off something at my son's school. Mascara (currently, Rimmel Scandaleyes Retro Glam is my crush) and a coat of my favorite lipstick (or gloss) will do the job just fine. Simple, right? Takes less than 5 minutes, why didn't I figure this out before?!!  Once I figured this out, I was happily waiving at folks I knew that I'd encounter while out and about instead of ducking and hoping they didn't see me because I was less than put together that day. Your one step is to figure out what makes you feel fabulous. Going from drab to fab doesn't have to be a labor intensive process. Just figure out what effortlessly chic items make you feel amazing and go with it!

On any given day you'll catch me in some shade of a red, purple or pink lip.  I'd be remiss not share the mascara and lippies I so adore these days, both can be found at pretty much any drugstore. Total non-budget busters!



Milani Color Statement Lipstick in Red Label $5.49



Rimmel Scandaleyes $6





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

About Me

linkie ♥

Blog contents © Everyday Fabulous 2010. Blogger Theme by NymFont.