Juice Cleanse: Day 19



No, I haven't been keeping a daily log of my juice cleanse, simply because there isn't much to tell. It's still an experience, but not as eventful as the first week thats for sure.

I picked up a share of produce from an organic collective. Got organic kale, oranges, cabbage, celery, carrots, lemons, etc... Since I am juicing nothing but organic going forward, that was a helpful kickstart.

My acne is still here, that's a bit depressing since I was hoping it when be gone by Day 20, which is tomorrow. Things seem to be drying/healing up, but they are still present which is a huge bummer. The key may be a colon/liver/kidney cleanse which I will start on next to flush out toxins that remain in my body.

I must say I am proud of myself for sticking with it. When I was on day 2, I didn't know if or how I'd make it to now. But I am grateful for sticking it out because the only way I could get to day 19, was if I successfully completed day 2.

My awareness is so keen. I am thinking so clear and fixing the things that I just didn't really want to to deal with and getting things in order as much as I can.

I realize that every other commercial pushes food in our faces. Laden with bad fats, oils and stuff we don't need. It is constant. I can't blame the media for how unhealthy some people are, but they are not innocent. I just don't think we are aware of the subliminal messages that we get to eat and eat and eat and eat stuff that really isn't that great for us. It's a cycle, and we as a society are stuck. It's only by doing this fast did I see the pattern that was there all along. To anyone that overeats, undereats, binge eats, eats for no reason and/or eats "bad" foods, ask yourself why. I think we will see that our external environment triggers internal levers that make us participate in unhealthy habits. I'm not a health guru by any means but 19 day of this cleanse has given me clarity that I just didn't have and clarity I think many people don't when we as stuck in the cycle of fast and processed foods.

I have, in effect drank more vegetables that I ate probably in the past six months...maybe close to the past year (sad but true) in just under 20 days.  True story. And this is stuff that my body needs to do its best. I've been in effect, starving myself all this time.  Never again. never again.

Right now I am looking forward to the next 11 day of this cleanse. Going to focus on detoxing the organs I mentioned above. I'll post about that as well. I know I need to drink more water even though it seems like I'm ALWAYS drinking it! I also started going to the sauna to help my skin detox, so I hope to keep this up as well.

I must say I feel fabulous, I really do.

xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

About Me

linkie ♥

Blog contents © Everyday Fabulous 2010. Blogger Theme by NymFont.